Welcome to my personal finance blog!
I’m a queer, nonbinary millennial who looks to challenge conventional wisdom when it comes to money and finance. I’m currently a product manager working in the healthtech industry making ~100k/year in a low cost of living city. While I am not currently a perfect exemplar of financial health, this blog will chronicle my journey as I seek to escape debt, increase my networth, and save for retirement (hopefully an early one!)
Things I like and what I plan on writing about for my personal finance blog:
- Budgets (YNAB specifically)
- Personal finance
- Index fund investing
- Not being in debt (for the record, I currently am in debt but working towards getting out it!)
- Making more money
- Social media marketing
- Technology/software development/product management
- Side-hustles (still trying to find one for myself that makes money and is sustainable
- Capitalism (yes, I am a capitalist, for reasons I will explore in this blog. Hint: the answer has to do with raising the average wealth of the global poor)
- Making your money make money for you
- Avoiding cliches in personal finance such as saying either “Don’t buy $5 lattes” or “Totally buy that $5 latte for yourself!” Reality is actually much more nuanced – my goal with this blog is to find the shades of grey
And so much more! My interests are wide-ranging. However, this blog will mostly focus on money. How to make it. How to get out of debt. How to invest it. How to survive corporate America. How to escape corporate America (this is currently my goal). How to live a life of common-sense frugality that fits into YOUR lifestyle.
Stay tuned for more!
Blogs that have inspired me: